Honey Rosemary Beltane Muffins
I made these muffins for Beltane yesterday and they came out so gooood! I had a few people ask about them so I thought I’d share the recipe. They’re good for any occasion, but I like them a lot for Beltane – honey has strong associations for sweet feelings, abundance and binding relationships, and rosemary is good for faithfulness, home blessing and cleansing.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- Rosemary to taste (1tsp was enough for me)
Make 1 dozen muffins, total prep and cook time around 30 min
Any time you’re stirring you can add intent! Clockwise stirring I focused on love and life and my partner, and counter-clockwise I focused on chasing away doubt and negativity.
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease your muffin tins or line them with paper cups.
- Mix your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking power, salt) in a large bowl.
- Melt your butter in a small pot. Turn off the heat as soon as it’s melted and stir in your milk and honey. Add the egg last when the other ingredients have cooled the butter a bit.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the bowl with your dry and mix until smooth. Once mixed, add your vanilla and rosemary to taste.
- Fill your muffin tin cups about 3/4 of the way with batter – they do rise a bit so don’t over fill! Bake for 15-20 minutes. Best serves warm and shared with someone you love! ❤️